Sunday, March 21, 2010

goodbye

Dear Molly, Nancy, Ray:
Tomorrow, when you wake up, I’ll be gone. I’m not sure where I’m going, but I need to move. I wish I could explain why, but I can’t – even to myself. It’s just something I feel. I’m suffocating, here. I can’t explain that, either, but I am. There are days when I struggle to breathe. It’s nothing to do with any of you. It’s me. It’s all me. I need to get someplace to think. Someplace where I can figure out things. Your father will take care of you. He’s a fine, fine man. I couldn’t’ve hoped for anyone better. It’s not him, either. It’s not. It’s me. I’ve been thinking about this for a while, now, and I’ve kept putting it off. But nothing changes. So, it’s time. I’ve asked your father to tell our friends that I’ve headed south to visit family, to take care of one of my sisters. I think that should buy all of us some time with this. I don’t know when I’m coming back. I love all of you more than you can imagine. Please don’t stop loving me. Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment