Monday, March 15, 2010

cartoons don't cry

“Cut. Stop. Stop! No, no, no – no! You need to look seductive., not slutty. This scene calls for a seductive glance. Something ‘come hither.’ But not slutty. Anyone can look slutty. My grandmother can look slutty. This needs subtlety. It needs a look, with some body language – not teeth and tits. Do you understand? Can you understand? Seduction comes from the eyes, from the soul. I can’t write it or I would – do this, do that. But I can’t. This is where you show your stuff. This is your ‘Academy Award’ moment. Can we get there? Do you think? I don’t want you to make me hard, honey, I want you to light me on fire. There’s a difference, eh? Ok? No, don’t cry. Hold on, she’s crying. She’s fucking crying. Motherfucker! Make-up. Get in here! Jesus Christ! Now, tears. I should be doing cartoons – cartoons! Cartoons don’t cry. Everyone, let’s take 15. I need a drink.”

No comments:

Post a Comment