Saturday, November 21, 2009

he wrote

He wrote: I would like, once more, to soar at 25,000 feet. I would like to look at her – her -- and feel that squishy, lovely feeling in my stomach, again. I would like to hear a song for the very first time, again, and know that it was a song that would never leave me. I would like to taste the sweet sweat of my two-year-olds when I kiss them and hear their glorious giggles as I toss them about. I would like to kiss my first kiss for the first time, again, and feel the power of a phrase well constructed and know that I did that, that I could do that. I would like to remember what it was like to wait up for Santa Claus, not already knowing it was Uncle Ray. I would like to hockey stop without falling, for the first time, and settle into her arms after love and feel the closeness and her heat and listen to her heartbeat. I would like to walk into the woods on a Christmas Eve and see the snow falling through the trees and wonder if heaven was like this, just a bit. I would like to do just about everything over, again, and pay more attention, to memorize the moments, to hold them and honor them. Oh, that I could, he wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment