Wednesday, January 28, 2009

i am moved

I am the third in 2
the
theater, well, not
really a theater,
but
what passes
for a screening room
at one of those
multi- movie places,
nowadays,
and I carefully
pick
my seat –
last row,
end -- and I settle
down
to the
half bag of
kettle corn I smuggled
in,
quite
smugglerly, ty,
and wait, patiently,
for
the inevitable,
and it happens quicker
even than
a cynic of note
might expect,
this time. with 300-some
other seats from which
to choose
she decides to
sit
right in front
of
me, no lie, not so
much
as
an inch displaced,
and I sigh somewhat audibly, but
force away the urge
to commit mayhem,
if not simple or
aggravated
assault, whatever that is, since
any type
of
assault
would seem
2b
aggravating – yes? – and
I was only left
wondering this:
are you shitting me?
which isn’t at all
thoughtful or philosophical
or
leastways anything worth
repeating.
but
it did
seem right at the
time.

No comments:

Post a Comment