Tuesday, September 1, 2009

esther's journal

SATURDAY, September 30: Finally, a day off. We don’t get many of them, around here, at least at the start of the year. I slept in and it was yummy. We got nicked by a cold snap, last night – got down to about 39. I trundled myself under a pair of quilts. God, it was lovely. And waking up to the crispness – simply invigorating. If I’ll be missing anything in the next life, if there is one, I’ll miss mornings like this. I brewed some strong coffee, put on a thick sweatshirt and sat on my deck, out back, up, watching the steam rise from the water like it was in a movie. I sat there for a good hour, just feeling the morning. If you’ve never done that, I suggest it: feel a crisp, brittle morning. I guarantee you’ll remember it. That’s all for now, and I don’t think I’ll write any more, today. Today, I’m just going to live it, today.

No comments:

Post a Comment