Tuesday, March 17, 2009

shy anne

I didn’t find her, there, in
WY, when I
was there,
but I did find a
2-for-1 on
“dream catchers,”
hermetically packaged, no less,
at
the
local flea store, just down the road
from
the
giant cowboy boot and
the “warning: tree sap on benches” sign and the
state
capitol, where the
gov’s office is just
off to the
right
of the main
entrance, and open for business. so I wondered
this:
a deal on dreams?
or do you need
two of them
in
these
parts, where
space is not only
available, but maybe
even
a
nightmare. and while
I
pondered
the
latter, I came across
another
deal:
Wedding
Dress, $150. Slightly Used, it seemed, and perhaps
deferred, now,
of dreams,
or maybe
ready 4 another. I pondered
these until
distracted
by
the
woman
in the lime-green
Crocs – egad! --
with white fleece
liners.
Ignominiously
Abominable.
Is this How The
West Was
One?
I think
not.

No comments:

Post a Comment