Friday, June 5, 2009

no's dive

A friend calls
It
The Black Hole. If you don’t have one,
Now, you will,
Someday, sorry to tell
U.
You can’t fill it in and you can’t just
Ignore it, she says.
You have to
Manage
It.
How is the question. It came to me, again,
Yesterday. More subtly, this time,
First time in a while.
I used to free fall.
A lot.
Regular occurrence.
Far, too, so. Worse, even,
I allowed others
To push me in.
Like I was
Wearing a “Push Me” sign on my back.
A fop.
A fool.
A penitent.
But I’ve learned
This:
If I’m headed in it will be on my doing.
It takes a while to understand that
Dynamic.
So, instead of
Letting them push
I sidestepped not the issue so much as
The blame, the acceding to fault.
This has nothing
To do with
Responsibility.
Taking.
Accepting.
Honoring.
That.

No comments:

Post a Comment